As a part of the proceedings of day 10 of the ongoing trial at the Oslo District Court, eight survivors of the bomb attack on Norway’s government building testified about how their life changed after July 22, 2011.
Among them was a 56-year-old Norwegian civil servant, who was in the area on the afternoon of July 22 when the bomb went off. "Suddenly something hit me, a very strong pressure wave that lifted me up and threw me a long way," Tore Raasok told the court.
The impact of the blast threw him over several meters and sent shards of glass flying into both his eyes. Raason has undergone 10 operations, including the amputation of his left leg above the knee and had lost the use of his left arm.
Another survivor of the bomb attack, 31-year-old Kristian Rasmussen, told the court that he was in his office at the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy when the window in his office blew in. "I was in a coma for about 12 days and there was a lot of uncertainty if I would survive," Rasmussen recalled.
Three of the witnesses previously scheduled to appear on Monday, were also called in to testify today.
The court is in recess until next Thursday, and when the trial resumes, it will hear about Breivik's arrival at Utøya on the day of the twin attacks and also his use of firearms and ammunition.
From May 4 till May 11, the court will look at the 69 forensic reports of the victims of Utøya massacre. The witnesses from Utøya will start their testimonies on May 14 and continue until June 1.
(Compiled by Geetika Nautiyal)
Like this article? Show your appreciation.