Breivik indictment disclosure planned / News / The Foreigner

The Foreigner Breivik indictment disclosure planned. NEWS ROUND-UP: Amongst reports Anders Behring Breivik will only give an interview to a major international media player, the indictment against him is to be made public this week without restrictions. The document, finalised by state prosecutor Tor-Aksel Busch, describes Breivik’s actions over 18 pages, and all individuals mentioned there will be notified before it is made public. The Attorney General has stated that it was necessary to limit the charges and not everyone who was in the government buildings or on Utøya will be mentioned.

andersbehringbreiviktrial, breivikpsychiatrictobservation



The Foreigner Logo

The Foreigner is an online publication for English speakers living or who have an interest in Norway. Whether it’s a glimpse of news or entertainment you’re after, there’s no need to leave your linguistic armchair. You don’t need to cry over the demise of the English pages of Aftenposten.no, The Foreigner is here!

Norske nyheter på engelsk fra Norge. The Foreigner er en engelskspråklig internett avis for de som bor eller som er interessert i Norge.

Google+ Google+ Twitter Facebook RSS RSS



News Article

LATEST:

Breivik indictment disclosure planned

Published on Monday, 5th March, 2012 at 10:59 under the news category, by Lyndsey Smith   .
Last Updated on 6th March 2012 at 16:34.

NEWS ROUND-UP: Amongst reports Anders Behring Breivik will only give an interview to a major international media player, the indictment against him is to be made public this week without restrictions.



The document, finalised by state prosecutor Tor-Aksel Busch, describes Breivik’s actions over 18 pages, and all individuals mentioned there will be notified before it is made public.

The Attorney General has stated that it was necessary to limit the charges and not everyone who was in the government buildings or on Utøya will be mentioned.

Breivik will also be presented with a copy in Ila prison, charges are due to be read to him, Wednesday. He was shown pictures of events of 22nd July last week, stating he has seen these scenes before because he was there.

The terrorist is currently under observation, but the evaluation is likely to continue throughout his trial. Experts support the openness of the move.

Psychiatrist Pål Hartvig told VG, “I expect all four psychiatrists will be present in court. This will be a good arena for observing the defendant, perhaps better than the observation taking place at lla.”

Meanwhile, there has also now been an investigation ordered into how police documents on Brevik’s case were leaked to the media. Watchdog the Bureau for the Investigation of Police Affairs is also going to investigate officers.

“We’ve noted this decision,” says Oslo Chief of Police Anstein Gjengedal to Aftenposten, “and think it is good an investigation has been initiated to determine whether there have been any leaks.

Oslo District Court formally removed counsel Sigurd Klomsæt because of what happened. He has appealed the decision.



Published on Monday, 5th March, 2012 at 10:59 under the news category, by Lyndsey Smith   .
Last updated on 6th March 2012 at 16:34.

This post has the following tags: andersbehringbreiviktrial, breivikpsychiatrictobservation.





  
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!