Norway Statoil confirms three Algeria deceased / News / The Foreigner

Norway Statoil confirms three Algeria deceased. Statoil says three of its five missing employees have now been found dead following last week’s In Aménas hostage tragedy. The victims are 58-year-old Tore Bech, Thomas Snekkevik, 35, and 55-year-old Hans M. Bjone, 55, the company reported, relating the tragic news, Friday. “Our thoughts are first and foremost with the families and close friends who have lost their loved ones in this horrific and senseless attack on innocent people,” said Statoil CEO Helge Lund in a statement.

statoilalgeria, inamenasgasplant



The Foreigner Logo

The Foreigner is an online publication for English speakers living or who have an interest in Norway. Whether it’s a glimpse of news or entertainment you’re after, there’s no need to leave your linguistic armchair. You don’t need to cry over the demise of the English pages of Aftenposten.no, The Foreigner is here!

Norske nyheter på engelsk fra Norge. The Foreigner er en engelskspråklig internett avis for de som bor eller som er interessert i Norge.

Google+ Google+ Twitter Facebook RSS RSS



News Article

LATEST:

Norway Statoil confirms three Algeria deceased

Published on Friday, 25th January, 2013 at 18:41 under the news category, by Michael Sandelson   .

Statoil says three of its five missing employees have now been found dead following last week’s In Aménas hostage tragedy.

Statoil's Amenas Gas Plant in Algeria
Statoil's Amenas Gas Plant in Algeria
Photo: Kjetil Alsvik/Statoil


The victims are 58-year-old Tore Bech, Thomas Snekkevik, 35, and 55-year-old Hans M. Bjone, 55, the company reported, relating the tragic news, Friday.

“Our thoughts are first and foremost with the families and close friends who have lost their loved ones in this horrific and senseless attack on innocent people,” said Statoil CEO Helge Lund in a statement.

“All of us in Statoil share their grief and express our deep sympathy during this difficult time. We are a company in mourning,” he added later.

HRH King Harald V of Norway and Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg have also sent the families their condolences and expressed their deepest sympathies.

Earlier today, Norway’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said they believed it unlikely further survivors would be found. 

Statoil started flying flags at half-mast at its head office in Forus as well as all its installations on Monday. It announced this would take place for one week at the same time they would continue their efforts to find their missing colleagues unabated.




Published on Friday, 25th January, 2013 at 18:41 under the news category, by Michael Sandelson   .

This post has the following tags: statoilalgeria, inamenasgasplant.





  
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!