Oslo murders continue / News / The Foreigner

Oslo murders continue. Bislett residents are in shock after a man was knifed to death in a second floor Pilestredet apartment, Sunday. Norway’s capital has now witnessed five murders since the end of September. “One man is dead following a stabbing. We are treating the case as murder,” Oslo Police operations manager Marianne Grinaker told NTB following the incident, which was reported at 2.22 a.m. this morning. The victim was visiting the apartment but did not live there. It is believed the suspected murderer, arrested in the building’s backyard shortly afterwards, suffered minor injuries during the incident. He is recovering at Ullevål Hospital before being questioned by officers. Medical personnel sent a third badly-injured man to hospital with life-threatening injuries. He is now out of danger following an operation.

bisletstabbing, oslomurders



The Foreigner Logo

The Foreigner is an online publication for English speakers living or who have an interest in Norway. Whether it’s a glimpse of news or entertainment you’re after, there’s no need to leave your linguistic armchair. You don’t need to cry over the demise of the English pages of Aftenposten.no, The Foreigner is here!

Norske nyheter på engelsk fra Norge. The Foreigner er en engelskspråklig internett avis for de som bor eller som er interessert i Norge.

Google+ Google+ Twitter Facebook RSS RSS



News Article

LATEST:

}

Oslo murders continue

Published on Sunday, 30th October, 2011 at 18:35 under the news category, by John Price   .

Bislett residents are in shock after a man was knifed to death in a second floor Pilestredet apartment, Sunday. Norway’s capital has now witnessed five murders since the end of September.

Pilestredet (illustration photo)
Pilestredet (illustration photo)
Photo: Geir Halvorsen/Flickr


“One man is dead following a stabbing. We are treating the case as murder,” Oslo Police operations manager Marianne Grinaker told NTB following the incident, which was reported at 2.22 a.m. this morning. The victim was visiting the apartment but did not live there.

It is believed the suspected murderer, arrested in the building’s backyard shortly afterwards, suffered minor injuries during the incident. He is recovering at Ullevål Hospital before being questioned by officers. Medical personnel sent a third badly-injured man to hospital with life-threatening injuries. He is now out of danger following an operation.

Ground floor resident of the Pilestredet building, Christine Sommerfelt Alm, heard the atrocities two stories above her.

“We were awoken by a terrible noise in the night. At first, my live-in partner (samboer) said it sounded as though someone was getting a beating. The noise gradually got worse and worse.”

She continued, “Someone was hammering on the door of the main entrance, and a voice shouted something that sounded like ‘come back, if you dare’.”

“I opened the door, and there was blood over the entire stairway. I just stood there looking at it before my partner pulled me into the apartment and closed the door,” she reported, saying she saw the man who was later arrested.

Today’s killing is the fifth murder case in the space of one month. On 29th September, a 21-year-old was found murdered in Furuset. Nobody has been apprehended so far.

The dead body of a 54-year-old man was discovered in Opssal just 3 days later. An individual of 55 is in custody and has been indicted for murder.

A 48-year-old man was found dead in his Grünnerløkka apartment on 11th October, and police have charged and a 21-year-old Romanian national for the killing. He is presently in custody.

The fourth victim was a 23-year-old man, whose body was found dumped in Klemetsrud on 13th October. Two women, aged 21 and 22 are indicted for premeditated murder.

On-duty crime-watch Officer Kjell Pedersen said about Sunday’s murder that, “those involved are Norwegian men in their early 20s. The deceased has not been identified so we cannot release any further details about him. We believe we have an idea of who he is, but this hasn’t been confirmed.”

A fourth person, a resident of the apartment who was in it when police arrived at the time, has now been questioned.



Published on Sunday, 30th October, 2011 at 18:35 under the news category, by John Price   .

This post has the following tags: bisletstabbing, oslomurders.


You might also be interested in...

 
Norwegian PM rallies to rape victims




  
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!